Welcome to AATCVM!
About the AATCVM
- Category: General AATCVM
- Published: Tuesday, 25 March 2014 21:10
- Hits: 207436
The mission of AATCVM is to:
- Support TCVM practitioners world-wide by providing:
- An on-line Forum for daily case discussions
- Free online classified ads
- A Practitioner Directory
- Discount on select TCVM conventions
- A library of TCVM articles and studies
- PowerPoint lectures for introductory TCVM presentations for veterinarians and lay audiences
- Quarterly email practice tips
- Publish a peer-reviewed scientific TCVM journal
- Support Evidence-based TCVM practices by providing
- Funding for small grants
- Assistance with study design
- Assistance with manuscript preparation and scientific writing skills
- Develop scientific guidelines for TCVM preventative medicine and disease diagnosis and treatment
The American Association of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (AATCVM) is a non-profit organization founded in 2006 to support practitioners of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) and promote high quality research in all aspects of TCVM including: acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, Tui-na and Food therapy. The AATCVM promotes the practice of evidence-based Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) by funding high quality studies of the basic science and mechanisms of action of TCVM treatments and randomized clinical trials of the efficacy of TCVM treatments.
To further support its mission to promote continuing education of TCVM practitioners and evidence-based TCVM, the AATCVM publishes an international, peer reviewed, scientific journal, the American Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (AJTCVM). The AJTCVM is a venue for the dissemination of information regarding research findings, continuing education for TCVM practitioners, issues of interest to the TCVM community and TCVM news.
- President: Bruce Ferguson DVM, MS
- Executive Director: Huisheng Xie DVM, MS, PhD
- Secretary-Treasurer: Suzy Brannan, DVM
- Publications: Judith Saik DVM, DACVP
- Online Forum Committee Chairperson: Ronald Koh DVM
- Research Committee Chairperson: Dan Hawkins DVM, MS, DACVS
Mailing Address:AATCVM PO Box 141324 Gainesville, FL 32614
The Database of TCVM in China: http://ctzsyy.lzmy.org.cn.